DBLEXPOSURE

"Repeating Rifle" wrote in message
On 7/29/05 8:15 PM, in article ,
"AllTel - Jim Hubbard" wrote:

I am curious about what would happen to an electrical current in 2
situations.....

snip

It is not a stupid question--it is just irrelevant. Current flows in
various
ways, and in almost all cases, the details of the flow is unimportant. The
"wires" can be made from metals, semimetals, hot glass, semiconductors,
ionic solutions, etc. Each has a different kind of conduction mechanism.

I have taken the probably impossible task upon myself to discourage
thinking
of conduction as a flow of electrons.

Bill

Not so impossible. I think many think of the electron as some little
microscopic BB with a negative charge. It may be more accurate to think of
the buggers as a microscopic region of space/time with properties that give
it a negative charge among other properties. It takes an enormous amount of
mass to move space/time. It is the properties that are passed along the
way. A bit of an illusion perhaps.

So yes, I agree, not a flow of electrons but a flow of energy...

Whatever that is.....

It is all speculation of course. I have never seen an electron, Have you?

I don't think we should judge the OP on the relevancy of his question, as we
have no idea why he asked it...