Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
OK, so we all know cordless power tool batteries have a limited life
governed by the discharge cycle.

What's the best way to prolong life? Discharge completely on a regular
basis? Recharge immediately after each use?

1/10th capacity charge rate for 14 hours and use a timer. They should only
be discharged to the point where the performance suffers - not completely.
Fast charging may reduce the number of packs you need for any one heavily
used tool, but IMHO still reduces life no matter how well done.

And where does one get the individual cells from if you want to replace?

Any electronics supplier like Maplin, RS, CPC etc. Maplin own brand tagged
cells are pretty good - although my favourite make is Sanyo.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.