Harold and Susan Vordos

"Bert" wrote in message
This will be primarily for metal work. Maybe I should have said belt
grinder instead of belt grinder. Don't know if the previous responders
assumed metal or wood...

"Dave" wrote:

Bert wrote:
Just wondering if anyone in the group has any experience with or
thoughts on using an open motor for a belt sander. This will be a
home-brew sander, probably belt-driven, so I may be able to protect
the motor to some extent, but not completely. Should I anticipate a
quick death for an open motor in this application, or could I expect
just a slightly shortened life span? Would a TEFC motor be worth the
extra bucks?

Thanks.
Bert

For sanding wood or for sanding metal? For use with metal you might
have to think carefully.

Naw, I think you missed it, Bert. Belt grinder versus belt grinder. Aren't
they the same thing? Had you intended to say something different?

Not picking on ya'---just having a little fun. I make statements like that
all the time. It's nice to see I'm not alone. g

Harold