Gunner

On 30 Jul 2005 10:14:24 -0700, wrote:

Several years ago I bought 2 treadmill motors from Surplus center after
hearing about them on this NG. I put one on my lathe and am using it
now. The other one I saved for a spare but now I want to put it on my
drill press.They are DC motors built by GE and they have variable speed
controls with a magnetic tach. I don't have a good speed control for my
motor (I must have used it when the lathe control gave trouble). I'm
thinking of getting a Minarik-type speed control for it but I'm
wondering how well it'll work because this is a series wound motor and
most electronic speed controls are meant to be used with shunt wound or
PM motors?
Engineman1

This coming week, Ive got to go pick up (9) 2.5hp motors, new in box,
that came out of the garage of a guy who was the engineer for a
company that made treadmills, when he moved. He didnt want to take em
with him.

Ill post details this coming week.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown