Prometheus

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:31:55 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:52:44 GMT, (Chuck) wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:57:34 -0500, "Kevin"
wrote:

Wood. I learned on hard maple and 2X4s. The maple was a beautiful wood
that I wish I had more of.

Kevin,

Where do you live that you can't get more maple? Or was it that
particular lot of maple that you pine (haha) for?

Chaz... I'm in central Calif. and don't even know what maple LOOKS like, except
for my parents old kitchen table..

We're deprived out here...I've never seen cherry except the fruit bearing kind..
never even heard of things like purple heart, osage orange, box elder, blood
wood, etc., etc., until I heard about them here and saw pictures..

Geez, Mac- you're in the wrong part of the world. If you ever happen
to be in the Wisconsin area, ping me, and I'll give you a whole maple
tree, if you want. Might even throw in a birch, too. Got about 20
sq. miles of forest land 10 minutes from my front door, and it's all
maple, oak and birch- with a few pines thrown in just to make sure
your hands don't stay too clean. $20 permit lets you harvest all the
deadfall you can carry for a year, and some of that stuff is like
solid gold bricks out there! Don't have the fruit trees or exotics,
though. I'd sure like to have some hedge apple or boxelder, but I'm
too far north for those. We get the odd cherry or willow tree here
and there, but that's about as exciting as it gets.