Stuart Grey

Rudy Canoza wrote:
Stuart Grey wrote:

Rudy Canoza wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:01:32 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
wrote:

Problem is, the way I understand it, it's the neocons that have been
consistently raping the constitution - case in point, the iminent
domain fiasco - they can take your house away as they see fit, if
there's more money in it for them.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40+ yrs of Liberals chipping away, and in
some cases blasting away large chunks of the Constitution and you
babble about Neocons?

Btw...the Liberal Judges on SCOTUS were the ones who voted for
imminent domain..the conservative ones voted against it.

Three Republican appointees - Kennedy, Souter and Stevens - voted in
favor of the egregiously bad and statist decision.

You're right!

If Republicans put liberal judges on the courts, then the Republicans
get blamed for the liberal judges.

As well they should be; at least, they should be blamed for theirs.

If it wasn't for the fact that a minority of Democrats in the Senate
have found an (unconstitutional) way to block judges, I might agree.

If it wasn't for the fact that some of these judges, the Democrats even
had a majority in the Senate, I might agree.

The truth is, the Senate and the President determine who the judges will
be. Mostly the president, true, but he can't do it alone. He can't even
do it with less than 60 senators on his side.

So deals are made. You aren't naive enough to not think that deals are
made, are you?

If Republicans DON'T put liberal judges on teh courts, then you whine
about fascist and Nazis.

Not I. I don't think any of the conservative justices are facists or
Nazis. I do think Thomas is just a dumb lackey for Scalia, but then
Scalia is without question the brightest justice on the court, so Thomas
could have picked worse.

You should read the article on Rehnquist in the April 2005 issue of The
Atlantic. The author, Jeffrey Rosen, says that Rehnquist is one of the
greatest chief justices ever.

Have you written your Democrat congressmen and demanded that they
don't put idiot liberal judges on the court yet?

I don't write to Congressmen or Senators.