colin

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Herb Schaltegger wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:18:06 -0500, Nick Müller wrote
(in article ):

Rich Grise wrote:

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/1...2673_hires.jpg

There's a non-zero probability that that's the coolest photograph I've
ever seen in my whole life.

Next time, they should replace the camera, because of all the stuck
pixels.

Nick

They might be hot pixels for a reason - solar or cosmic radiation, for
instance. I'd like to see multiple exposures at the same settings to
see if the same pixels are still fubar'd.

They might even be defects in the CCD. Often the super large ones are

that way
and are just used with programs that know the effects. Also - merge

overlaps and
shifted pictures that provide data or verify good and sometime/all time

flaky.

Mostly good memory is the term. The picture is 3032 x 2008 in size, JPG.

yes thats truly an awesome picture, make the hairs on my neck tingle.

intersting some of the 1 pixel spots are blue or red, but many of them are
white, I gues a defect may affect more than one colour of the pixel at a
time, the tails of the spots are so perfectly vertical they must be cemera
artifact.

Colin =^.^=