JohnM

Ignoramus27279 wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 06:32:28 GMT, Gunner wrote:

pretty well for me. The very noisy commercial RPC is located 50 feet
away under a shelter at the rear of the house, outside, and is turned
off and on by one of four switches that control contactors housed in
an old Hardinge lathe control panel, also located some distance away.
I can turn on main power, RPC, air compressor (located outside also),
master VFD and shop lighting from one central location.

That's a nice idea. Unfortunately, we have much worse weather here, so
keeping it outside won't work as well.

My compressor sits outside here in Michigan, it doesn't seem to bother
it any. I should move the phase convertor out there too but at least
it's out of the way. It's a little extra noise in the shop, sometimes
it's annoying but I guess it's not too annoying 'cause it's still inside.

John