Pete Keillor

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:39:36 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On 29 Jul 2005 20:16:48 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article k.net,
Rick wrote:

Ig's concept of a "big hole' is a little different than ours : )

By the time you drill the pilot for a Greenlee, you're almost 1/2"!

But a Greenlee punch is available to punch the 15/32" hole with
a key tab to keep the switch from rotating in the hole.

And a 15/32" Greenlee chassis punch without the key would use
about a 3/8" drivescrew, IIRC.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I agree with DoN for home. For work, I design the entire enclosure
with all holes larger than a 1/4" or so, and send it to Saginaw
Controls down the road. They plasma cut the entire sheet, including
tabs for standard controls, and then bend it up and weld it. This
works especially well in stainless (I do a lot of sanitary stuff),
which is a pain to punch with a Greenlee.

By the way, I told one of the older electricians about the trick I
learned here to NOT centerpunch stainless before drilling, use low
speed and lube. He was amazed at the improvement.

Pete Keillor

On second thought, I'm not sure whether its plasma, abrasive water
jet, or what. Would plasma work on stainless? It is CNC.

Pete