Dale Scroggins

Gunner wrote:
On 29 Jul 2005 13:06:43 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article t, Rudy Canoza
says...

Three Republican appointees - Kennedy, Souter and
Stevens - voted in favor of the egregiously bad and
statist decision.

Heh. Pretty soon all three branches will be *entirely*
republican. And their supporters will *still* be blubbering
and whining that thing's just ain't a working right.

It may dawn on them at this point what the trouble
really is.

Jim

It may take a while to correct the damage of 40 yrs of liberalism, so
hang in there for a bit.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

If the performance of the Court changes, it is to be hoped that liberal
revisionism will not be replaced by conservative revisionism. The two
are equally illegitimate. The Constitution is too important to our
national well-being and to our liberties to be made into a political
weapon. Departure from its actual principles, whether in Dred Scott,
Lochner, or Roe, is inconsistent with the maintenance of constitutional
democracy.
Robert Bork

A conservative government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows
Progress; having rejected all respect for antiquity, it offers no
redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.
Benjamin Disraeli

The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says
government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed
out of your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't
work, and then get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is
true that most stupid people are conservative.
John Stuart Mill

The unpleasant sound Bush is emitting as he traipses from one
conservative gathering to another is a thin, tinny "arf" - the sound of
a lap dog.
George Will

The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first,
the widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and
second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it.
Edward Dowling