Harold and Susan Vordos

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:47:24 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
snip----

Now..if the machinist stacked (4) 3/16" radiused cutters on a
horizontal miller...they could be wacked out in just a few seconds per
side. Which should bring the cost down.

Gunner

Blink. Blink.

Am I missing something here, Gunner? How are four cutters, side by

side,
going to cut flutes that, as I understood it, were spaced around a

cylinder?
Do you want to give that more thought? g

Harold

Blink blink indeed. Brain fart on my part. I was thinking square
cross section for some reason...sigh

Mea culpa.

Though..a single such cutter may be faster than a endmill.

Gunner, suffering from brain farts
Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Oh, yeah! Much faster, and much harder to break. That's why I didn't
suggest a ball end mill when I posted my proposed method. This job screams
for a multi-toothed cutter, even if it's nothing more than a Woodruff
cutter, modified with a radius. If it was for one piece only, no big
deal. You grit your teeth and get through the project, but when you have
multiples of parts to machine and you can trim minutes from each part, it's
well worth the effort. Besides, it often saves your sanity.

Harold