Herb Schaltegger

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:53:22 -0500, DoN. Nichols wrote
(in article ):

In article . net,
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\) wrote:

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in
message news

I just get rankled that with all of that investigation stuff, they didn't
just go back to the design that worked, without falling apart.

And which design was that?

The old foam tanks also shed foam and the foam that was shed on Columbia was
the old style.

I thought that the foam which hit Columbia was changed from the
earlier, because of Freon emissions concerns during the manufacture.

No, it wasn't. Go read the CAIB Report, Volume I. The ET on STS-107
did not use the new foam.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."