Prometheus

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:28:46 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:
Considered railway ties yet? They certainly fulfill the *dirty*
requirement... but beyond that, they're heavy, and you can just nail
them to a couple of sawhorses. Not fancy, but I bet it'd work all
right. Put a little lip on one end by screwing a 2" x 4" to them, and
you'd be good to go.

Sounds like the original workmate, on a grander scale.

That's about it- but I figure the extra mass would go a long way when
planing. Those workmates just don't seem to be large or heavy enough.