Jennifer

Moving to an apartment that has sliding glass door to outside.
Standard size (8 foot wide).
Pros and cons of Vertical Blinds versus Drapes?
Hopefully from your experiences:-))

There's a third option, depending on your budget - sliding panels.

My husband and I really wanted a wood look in our sunroom, but the fake
wood vertical blinds look REALLY fake and cheap, and the few real wood
blinds we foud were custom made and incredibly expensive.

Our compromise was panel track blinds from Smith + Noble. They were
still more money than we'd really wanted to spend, and to be honest, we
had a lot of problems with them at first. Because our windows are so
tall, the panels they made were heavier than normal and at least four
of our panels fell apart. Smith + Noble was great about replacing them
when it happened, but they eventually had to re-engineer the product
because it kept happening to us and other customers as well. They
developed and issued metal reinforcement clips that are invisible and
solved the problem.

Sorry, that was a really long story, but I don't want to recommend them
without full disclosure

http://tinyurl.com/bnugz

In the end, they are a beautiful, practical option for sliding glass
doors, now that they've fixed the structural problems, and the bonus is
that they can match other normal window blinds in the room for a
cohesive look.

--
Jennifer