AllTel - Jim Hubbard

Default Stupid question of the day....

I am curious about what would happen to an electrical current in 2
situations.....

Assume that you have 2 wires that, when joined, complete a closed electrical
DC circuit with electrons flowing thusly.....

------------ ============
eeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
------------ ============

If you flattened out the end of each wire where they connect , would the
resulting electron paths be more like figure A or Figure B?

Figure A

--- ===
--- ===
--- ===
--- ===
eeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
--- ===
--- ===
--- ===
--- ===

Figure B

--- e e ===
--- eee eeeeee ===
--- eeeee eeeeeeeeee ===
--- eeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee ===
eeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
--- eeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee ===
--- eeeee eeeeeeeee ===
--- eee eeeee ===

(Please note that the vast # of "e"lectrons shown in Figure B is simply to
show the path's of electrons. )

The second portion of my question is....If the flattened portions were
increases in mass (if each wire were connected to a metal cube and the cubes
were brought together to complete the circuit) how would it effect electron
flow where the cubes touch?

Thanks for your help.