Rick

Ig's concept of a "big hole' is a little different than ours : )

By the time you drill the pilot for a Greenlee, you're almost 1/2"!

"Eat at Sloppy Joes" wrote in message
GREENLEE punch

"Ignoramus27279" wrote in

message

For my rotary phase converter, I want to install an electrical box

take in incoming electrical wire and to install two pushbutton
switches on it.

Just a little more detail. The electrical box from home depot will

be
mounted on outside. I will punch out a hole in the side for

incoming
electcical cable that will then go into the back of the box iinto

the
inside of my RPC.

The electrical box will be covered by a solid, "blind" standard
cover. I will drill two 1/2" holes in the cover to accommodate my
pushbutton switches that I salvaged from some equipment earlier.

One
switch (NO) will be the start switch and the NC switch will be the
stop switch.

The issue is, how do I drill big holes in small plate. I cannot

simply
fixate it in my vise, because it would bend. I cannot drill 1/2"

holes
and hold the plate with pliers, I know that it is unsafe. Help me
resolve this quandary. I have a regular floor drill press.

Maybe I will drill a small hole with my DP, holding the cover with
pliers, and then would mount the plate in my bench vise and use a
hand drill.