Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

While I make no claim to being a machinist of any sort...my wife finds
it fascinating that I cant stand pictures hanging on the wall
crooked...and the last one she measured was 1/16" tilted. Neither she
nor my son could tell that it was off. Shrug.

My dad had one of his fathers paintings restored, and hung it in the
spare bedroom. The panelling in that room is about 1/4 off square
over the entire height of the wall, and the painting can either
be square to the panelling and off-square to the ceiling, or
square to the ceiling and off-square to the panelling. Infuriating.

I've been known to get up in the middle of a meal at a resturant and
tweak artwork on the wall just because it's spoiling my meal....

Jim

And I thought I was anal! g

I fully understand. Being anal is what makes a great machinist, at least
in my experience, it does. I've never known anyone to have exceptional
machining skills that wasn't that way. The finest lathe man I ever knew,
heads and shoulders better than anyone else, ever, got really ****ed at me
because I reset the compound on his lathe to 29 degrees instead of 30
degrees, where he liked to run it. I ran his machine one day when he
wasn't at work. He went right out of his way to let me know I screwed up.
Actually, considering I am/was as anal as he is, I thought he was the one
that was screwed up, for chasing threads @ 30 degrees, but it worked for
him. He was the best. I don't recall ever seeing him produce any scrap,
a claim I can't make for myself.

Harold