TheScullster

Default Where do the old Kitchens Go?

Hi all

I have been trawling round B & Q, Homebase etc looking for a double base
unit and wall unit to fit in a walk in cupboard. We are nearing the end of
a refurb of a back room extension and I have partitioned one end off to make
a cupboard (workplace/bolthole) 1.7m x 1.2m.

The door is in the 1.7m wall and offset to give enough space at one end for
units.

My complaint is that there must be hundreds of serviceable kitchen carcases
(even if I buy new doors to keep it smart) just hurtling towards the tip. I
have heard of kitchens being pulled out after less than 3 years occupancy of
new 2-300k houses nearby - obviously not now when they are needed!

So, is there anywhere in East Yorks where kitchen contents are recycled?
I would rather get decent second hand stuff for say £50 than buy new cheap
tat for £75.
This is going to house light(ish) tools and DIY bits so needs to be fairly
rhobust.

Phil