Charlie

Jim Adney wrote:
On 26 Jul 2005 09:16:51 -0700 "jango2"
wrote:

Could it be that the bandwidth available to them per subscriber has
reduced over the past year as the number of subscribers they're
catering to has gone up?

I have no such trouble when I dial into the same ISP from work.
Granted this is usually at a different time of day, but I often dial
in from home at odd times, and the result is always the same: ie poor
from home, good from work.

I'll ask my neighbor if I can try it from there. That strikes me as a
possibly useful test.

Does your phone wire line provider also provide DSL service & is it
available in your area? If so, you need to play their game at their
level. Tell them you want their DSL service but only if they will
guarantee satisfaction with money back warranty. when they get DSL
working, your dialup will be fine. What you do after that is implied in
the requirement for that money back guarantee.

Charlie
veteran in dealing with 'the phone company'