Wayne Cook

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:52:01 -0700, Grant Erwin

I have to put a 3/4 convex radius on the side of a side milling
cutter. The tangent to side of cuuer is .250 from top. I also need to
sharpen a convex 7/32 on top of another. We have a K. O. Lee radius
dresser and I theoretically know how to get these radiuses on the
grinding wheels.

I have somehow worked in 12 machine shops and never even seen one of
these being used. I'd thought I'd ask here before spending alot of
time learning the hard way. I'm having way too much of that kind of
learning lately.

\
You do NOT do this by dressing a grinding wheel, you do it by using a radius
attachment on a tool & cutter grinder. Those are very spendy accessories.
Suggest you farm it out to a pro.

Another way is with a profile grinder. I happen to have one in
storage if any one is interested. I'll never have room to set it up in
my shop.