jim rozen

In article , Ignoramus9394 says...

Thanks. I have become convinced that I need such a relay. What I would
like to find, for not too much money, is a relay with start/stop
buttons and overload protection for a 10 HP motor.

Your furnas contactor is the only relay you need. You use the extra
pole as the hold-in contact.

All you need are the two pushbuttons, which you could get at the
same surplus place you got the other stuff. They will be in
a single housing, one will be black and momentary NO, labeled
"on" and the other will be red, momentary NC and be labled "off."

The most you might need would be a separate 120 volt ckt to run
the contactor. Be sure to *fuse* the smaller control ckt with
a fuse that is appropriate to the control wiring. This will be
a couple of amps or so.

Jim

please reply to: