jim rozen

In article , Ignoramus9394 says...

I see. I plan to install a regular household light switch to control
the contactor. UP means run, DOWN means stop. I will have two
electrical boxes on the outside of my RPC: one for incoming single
phase power and the switch, another for outgoing power. I may also
install a Square D disconnect on the outgoing side of the
converter. I already bought that disconnect used.

You can use your furnas contactor as a drop-out device.
You wire it to hold in, using the third contact.

The other two contacts carry the incoming 240 volt lines
to the motor.

This way a control circuit (which really should be derived from
the same incoming 240 volt lines via a 240:120 transformer)
with two pushbuttons can run the thing, and the buttons don't
carry the load currents.

Jim

please reply to: