Jerry Martes

"Ignoramus9394" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:40:45 GMT, Jerry Martes
wrote:

As I remember instructions, the contactor does drop out when the 240
single phase power is lost. That assumes that you use buttons to engage
the idler.

Jerry, I am a little confused, what particular contactor are you
talking about? My definite purpose furnas contactor? If so, I believe
(and will verify it tonight) that it is stupid and closes when 110V is
applied to the coil, that's all.

You are probably OK. I didnt read the right instructions. I
understood that your contactor wouldnt drop out and stay out whenever the
the 240 power failed. I thought the instructions showed the contactor was
held in by a connection in the contactor, which opened whenever the power is
lost . I'd have used good push butons to start and stop a 240 volt idler.

Jerry