Pete Bergstrom

Ignoramus9394 wrote:
It is not a drop out, it is a simple contactor that is actuated by an
on/off switch. Note though, that this is a self starting RPC. If
electrical power is lost, the RPC stops, and when electricity is
restored, the RPC will simply restart. It is not any different from an
extension cord, as far as restoration of power is concerned.

Loss and restoration of power do not damage my self starting RPC.

Like many other people, I put a 3 pole relay in my RPC. Two poles
transfer the pair of hot wires through to the drop-out contactor and the
third pole completes the circuit that drives the relay. If power to the
RPC is cut, the relay cuts out and doesn't reconnect when the power
comes back on. A simple magnetic safety switch.

I got the 3 pole relay for a few bucks from surplus center. Knowing your
scrounging ability, you could probably come home with the relay and a
few dollars more than you left with.

Pete