Bob May

That's part of the question. The old Freon R12 is pretty much obselete due
to only enviromental "conceerns". The stuff worked very well and was easy
to produce. Yet the enviromentalists have succeeded in getting it banned on
all new production referigation systems.
Brownian motions of the atmosphere will make the chemical raise into the
atmosphere but you still have to fight the truth that the freon hasn't been
proven to be really an ozone depletion chemical otherwise you'd see the mid
latitudes having more of a problem than there supposedly is.
As to the "global warming" problem, all I can say is when are we going to
get to the temps that were around 1000 years ago, much less those that were
around 2000 years ago? We still aren't that warm yet.

--
Why isn't there an Ozone Hole at the NORTH Pole?