Jerry Martes

"Ignoramus9394" wrote in message
On 28 Jul 2005 07:32:50 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Ignoramus23077
says...

thanks to everyone for your thoughts!

Of course it works. It's physics, it *has* to work.

I am a computer programmer. I am quite used to seeing everything that
is "definitely going to work", not working for some unforeseen reason.

Good that you installed the drop-out contactor.

It is not a drop out, it is a simple contactor that is actuated by an
on/off switch. Note though, that this is a self starting RPC. If
electrical power is lost, the RPC stops, and when electricity is
restored, the RPC will simply restart. It is not any different from an
extension cord, as far as restoration of power is concerned.

Loss and restoration of power do not damage my self starting RPC.

BTW you absolutely have to have safety glasses on the
small fry in the shop, at all times. Even when power
tools are not in use. Have a special pair just for them,
and make it a bright-line rule that they be worn.

Never too early to start 'em!

I will definitely buy child's safety glasses, a good idea. thanks.

As I remember instructions, the contactor does drop out when the 240
single phase power is lost. That assumes that you use buttons to engage
the idler.

Jerry