meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:07:28 GMT "Doug Kanter"
posted:

"Punch" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Banty" wrote in message

Or just lack of practical thinking.

If the neighbors with the dog are Martians who would immediately snatch
him and
use his blood should he come to their door for a conversation, then the
next
best option is to go ahead and put up that fence.

Banty

Of course, he *might* have the type of neighbor who is utterly oblivious
to the generally agreed upon rules of living in a civilized way. These
animals *do* exist, and in most cases, they cannot be retrained, only
controlled, much like their dogs.

it took me a month but I shovelled up the poop and dropped it into the dog
owners driveway, after a month of this, never saw poop in my yard again

That's a disgusting thing to do. I love it! :-) Dropping it onto their
windshield wipers also works nicely.

My neighbor's dog doesn't go where he shouldn't -- well maybe he does.
I don't know what he they walk him to or what he does -- but he's
never on a leash and he's a pitbull. I've seen him growl at a couple
high school kids, who then went way out of their way around a bunch of
other houses to avoid him.

I was tending a friend's dog for a day, and as I was returning home,
he came out of the door. I could not yet see him but I called to his
manager to "Get hold of your dog". Instead, she just called to the
dog, two or three times, who ignored her. He also had no collar on
either.

I was afraid to turn and go the other way, because iiuc a dog will
take that as weakness and be more likely to attack.

I was also afraid to go forward because my visiting dog was unknown to
this one, and I didn't want my friends to come home to an injured dog.

(Finally, it seemed like finally, I split the difference, and he
didn't follow.)

Other neighbors have complained to animal control, and probably talked
to the owners before they did that.

I can imagine one in the family retaliating against my car when I'm
sleeping or my home when I'm away. Because anyone who doesn't bother
to leash a pitbull is obviously antisocial in some ways.

Plainly I would make no progress by talking to them, and I could put
myself on their hitlist, especially if someone else gets the pound to
take away the dog, but I"m the one they think did it.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.