mogga

Default How long before one fires one's estate agent and gets another?

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:03:31 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

My house isn't selling, and I am just not getting enough viewers
through the door. Time to think about getting a different agent, I
reckon.

What do you think?

The house has been on the maket since the end of March and reduced
twice (I think the starting price was too high a valuation).

How many viewings does it take on average before a buyer is found and
how can I judge that I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the
fire by moving to a different agent?

Is the market (South-East) as buoyant as many agents keep telling me?
Or are they all engaged in wishful thinking?

MM

Have you talked to the agent about the issues you've raised? If you
think they're targetting the wrong sort of people then have you
mentioned this to them?

Do you have other similar houses nearby sold recently? Who were they
with? How much did they go for? Could you ask other estate agents for
a valuation with a view to moving agent?

If your house is suitable for first time buyers it might be that it is
too expensive for them - and if its too nicely done up for developers
then they won't want it either (And it'll also be too expensive for
buy-to-letters).

If your house looks brand new - then maybe you've over-doctored it?

Bear in mind its not numbers of viewers thats important - its the
right sort - ones who can afford it and are looking for a house with
the things yours has.

You could also trawl some of the local agents shops and look at
propertys - and how they treat you when you go in.

You could also try some online house selling sites.

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk