Set Square

andrewpreece wrote:

I cannot perform an air pressure test without much ado, but if you
say that a sewer pipe
should be able to pass an air leak ( when stopped up at the ends )
then I reckon I've
definitely got a problem. I wasn't sure if a metal soil
pipe-to-glazed sewer pipe connection
had to be air tight or merely be able to take a vertical fall of water
without leaking ( in the
same way a roof is waterproof but not watertight ).

Whilst again not claiming to be an expert, I believe that it needs to be
air/water-tight so that leakage doesn't occur into the surrounding soil if
the pipe ever gets blocked further down, and backs up.
--
Cheers,
Set Square