:::Jerry::::

"Owain" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote
Some Continentals think we are mad. A washing machine. A fused
plug behind, which is a pain to get at.

That is one of the many failing with ring circuits I've tried to
illustrate, but the IEEE 'dinosaurs' just can't see the wood for

the
trees....

That is not a failure of ring circuits. That is a failure of people

who
install sockets behind the appliance, instead of to the side.

But is it not a failing of the design to allow such a thing, it's a
dammed sight more difficult to over-ride an MCB on the distribution
board than wrap some wire around a BS1363 type plug fuse.

If you want to you can wire the washing machine into an unfused

flex
outlet unit below the worktop and use an FCU above, or use an

unfused
15A socket below the worktop.

A FCU with a 'BS1363' type plug fuse in it can be over ridden,
leaving the appliance protected at 30A, a 15A fuse-less socket would
have to be a radial anyway.