Blair

"Alex" wrote in message
Blair wrote:
Thanks for you help. I've certainly learnt a lot from your message- I

had no
idea that a multimeter had this facility.
Unfortunately in my case when I looked my multimeter does not have this
facility and it cost me £17.50!

You need to set it to measure resistance. If there's no connection it
will be infinite. Otherwise it should display a low number.

alex.

--
Alex Meaden
Technical Support Officer

Thanks for your help, I.m learning a lot!
In my case when I read resistance on a continuous rail I get 0 but if there
is a break I get 1. I had assumed that infinite would be a very large number
or am I wrong?
Blair