Owain

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote
Some Continentals think we are mad. A washing machine. A fused
plug behind, which is a pain to get at.

That is one of the many failing with ring circuits I've tried to
illustrate, but the IEEE 'dinosaurs' just can't see the wood for the
trees....

That is not a failure of ring circuits. That is a failure of people who
install sockets behind the appliance, instead of to the side.

If you want to you can wire the washing machine into an unfused flex
outlet unit below the worktop and use an FCU above, or use an unfused
15A socket below the worktop.

But there are good arguments for not using general-purpose rings and
assuming load diversity when it comes to kitchen appliances anyway.

Owain