James Sweet

wrote in message
news:hiVFe.1293$mu6.569@okepread04...
In sci.engr.lighting Jeff wrote:
I'm betting they dont have a standard wall plug though, so thats another
project in itself Any suggestions on that?

Buy a 3-wire round extension cord that is the length you require. Make
sure the fixture has a standard 1/2" knockout on it, then buy a 1/2"
gland nut fitting suitable for the outer diameter of the cord. The
gland nut has metal threads and a locknut on one side to go into the
fixture, and a domed metal nut and rubber bushing on the other side
to grip the cord. Also buy some yellow wire nuts.

You can also buy replacement power cords at most hardware stores, though
sometimes an extension cord is actually cheaper. A couple years ago I got a
big box of surplus computer power cords and cut the end off them
occasionally to use them as replacement cords.