dadiOH

rkruz wrote:
Ive read that Red Oak is not recommend for cutting boards due to its
open grain and holding food that grows bacteria.

You obviously don't believe what you read
________________

If one was to make a butcher block cutting board, using the end grain
of Red Oak do you think that would be ok?

Sure, it will be fine as long as you don't mind meat juice soaking in
and turning putrid.
_________________

Seems to me the end grain is very tight and hard and might work ok.

Try varnishing it and see how tight it is.

I have a lot of scrap that would be nice to use for making some xmas
gifts.

Any thoughts?

Use another wood.

--