IMM

Default How long before one fires one's estate agent and gets another?

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:53:02 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
My house isn't selling, and I am just not getting enough viewers
through the door. Time to think about getting a different agent, I
reckon.

What do you think?

The house has been on the maket since the end of March and reduced
twice (I think the starting price was too high a valuation).

Look at the TV programmes and have your house done the way they suggest.

It
works, they are right. De-clutter, neutral colours,get the garden tidy,

no
junk anywhere. Make it desirable to a buyer. Your personal paste does

not
matter.

Oh, I've done all that. Everyone says the house is very nice - and it
is. My bro said it looked like brand-new, and he isn't one to say so
because he's my bro!

How many viewings does it take on average before a buyer is found

How many have viewed?

Six.

Any feedback from the?

Some. Responses range from too expensive (so why bother to view?), too
built up (it's an estate, what do you expect?), ex-LA (they knew that
before they came to view), not what they were looking for - fair
enough. I think most of the people so far were just time wasters,
though I'm beginning to suspect that the agent isn't targeting the
right market.

Difficult one. The agent could be at fault. Nevertheless you have a few
negatives the ex LA, estate. Some agents want people through doors as
they may just go for your house. Worth a look they say. You want people
through the door who are not put off by the so-called negative points, then
they can view the house objectively.

The problem is that if the agent initially speaks in a negative way about a
house few will view it, so having someone who is only 40% likely to buy
before they view may be a good thing as the house inside may win them over.
Or it may just be simply overpriced.