Christopher Tidy

The motors I used were a 7.5 hp three phase motor and a 2 hp single
phase motor. My motor picks were dictated by what I had available,
but seemed to work well. The centerless sander had a 5 hp main drive
motor and a couple of smaller three phase motors.

I think a 3/4 hp single phase and a 2.5 hp three phase motor should
also work well.

If you do a' little googling on induction generators, you will find
they are not uncommon. But mostly used on things as street cars when
braking.

Thanks very much for the opinion. I'll probably make a trip soon to get
the 2.5 hp motor and start experimenting. Will let everyone know how it
goes.

Many thanks,

Chris