RAM^3

"carl mciver" wrote in message
ink.net...
"RAM^3" wrote in message
| For your pliers, check out some of the pegboard hangers - they make them
for
| this purpose. (I have a few in use...)
|
| While most are for the small perf size, I *think* I've seen them for
1/4".

| Either type can be used with a solid board by simply drilling a couple
of
| parallel holes.

I had even pondered a piece of pegboard mounted on top of the panel,
but
there are two issues. One, pegboard and the hangers for it suck. If you
want the clips to stay put, you have to spend even more money on more
expensive ones. This rack is a mobile one and as it is I need to install
solid "floor" on it to stop the tools from going all the way through!
Secondly, the hangars for pliers don't have a positive way to keep them
from
coming off if the rack gets bumped, which so far is becoming an issue for
my
small wrenches.

OK - so why not simply use a screw eye to balance the pliers on [or hook a
box-end wrench on] and staple a strip of Velcro to lock them in place?

If you're doing a number of tools in a row, all you'd really need would be a
good staple gun.

Other "loose" tools can fit in pouches formed from canvas/webbing/plastic
stapled to the backing board.