Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus23077 wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:11:05 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy wrote:

Yes. What's more it's an old-fashioned cast iron motor made by
Metropolitan Vickers. Probably from the 1930s or '40s. A real beast of a
machine, but I don't think I can manage it. Would be a laugh to try
recovering it though. It needs to be hauled up some steps from a pump
room in a factory.

no wonder it's free. I got a 10 horse motor today for $40, and I can
actually carry it (barely). Also got a 7.5, that one is "light",
comparatively speaking. See my another post "BOUGHT motors and stuff
for PHASE CONVERTER".

I guess I'm a sucker for old stuff. I love the solid construction and
the brass fittings on these old motors. The 2.5 hp motor probably weighs
150 lbs (at a guess), but this one is upstairs. If I get it I reckon
I'll bolt it to a board and slide it down the staircase using a chain block.

Chris