Eric R Snow

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:16:06 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
newsPEFe.50554$4o.11019@fed1read06...
How much would it cost for a garage machinists to take a piece of 1"
square rod 6" long ...........

snip

I am disappointed in you all. 12 responses, and no one that will even guess
at a price.

All I want to know is if it will be plausible. One fellow said he needed a
drawing. For what? If he can't read the simple description, I don't want
him to touch the job. Another suggested a CNC shop. Very plausible, but no
guess. Another said $45. Warmer. I know for $45 per, this project will
not be practical.

Can anyone give a straight answer? I'm not really interested in how to do
it or which machines one would use. Just a guess at how much each would
cost.

Thanks.

You guys are a great group, but you missed the target on this one.

Steve

Steve,
You missed it. When I have made parts from only a description there
have been times that the customer says "That's not what I wanted!".
And even though I repeated what the customer said, and made a sketch
at the time, I still getbto eat the job and have the customer think
I'm a dumb****. So I insist on a sketch with numbers if the sketch is
not to scale. Or a sketch that is EXACTLY what the customer wants and
can just be traced. For you to insult people when they only asked for
simple clarification is pretty lame.
Eric R Snow,
E T Precision Machine