Mike Hibbert

Default How long before one fires one's estate agent and gets another?

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
My house isn't selling, and I am just not getting enough viewers
through the door. Time to think about getting a different agent, I
reckon.

What do you think?

The house has been on the maket since the end of March and reduced
twice (I think the starting price was too high a valuation).

How many viewings does it take on average before a buyer is found and
how can I judge that I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the
fire by moving to a different agent?

Is the market (South-East) as buoyant as many agents keep telling me?
Or are they all engaged in wishful thinking?

I would think about changing agents by now, or at least bollocking the
current one. I had about 10 or so viewings before I sold, so don't get
disheartened just yet.

Have a look at

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...ortgages;actio
n=display;num=1082590973;start=0

it is a whole raft of suggestions for moving house, well worth a squizz!