Duane Bozarth

Patrick Fischer wrote:

Went into the shop this morning and found that one of the compressor hoses
had "ballooned" during the night. Didn't burst but it was close. This was
one of those miserable poly hoses that never coil up right.
Got me to thinking: I leave my compressor on and the valve at the compressor
open so the system (6 outlets/connections in copper) is always pressurized.
Do you folks de-pressurize your hoses at the end of the day? I'm definitely
not going to leave a cheap hose under pressure (or even use them again) but
I'm thinking that at the end of the day it would be easy to close the tank
valve and bleed off the air in the rest of the system. Probably a smart
thing too. Just curious what your practices are?

Don't you have a single valve at the compressor outlet? I cut it off
there at night routinely out of habit.