Dave in Fairfax

Copernicus Skygazer wrote:
A friend has had a large, 30+ year old mulberry tree fall down during a
recent storm, and I'll be there tomorrow with a couple of jugs of
anchorseal.
How is mulberry for turning? Any things to look for? Oh, and what is the
best way to handle green wood for bowl/cup/mug turning? I remember some
folks posting URL's for some sites with good advice.

Lots of fun. If you do any grilling, save your shavings for flavor and
tinder. Starts out a golden color and turns brown and cream over time.
Seal it ASAP, BS it into blanks and reseal them. Turn it green and
finish it as soon as it comes off the lathe. Free wood is good wood.
Follow my sig link to the AAw site and then to the local chapter. Join
both, you'll find lots of help. Where are you, there's a good chance
that someone is near you.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work