Timothy Smith

Christian McArdle wrote:

You can choose to redo it now, or to wait and see what it's
like in a few days. I'd pick the latter.

If you decide to do it again, try a different adhesive. I used Ardex Flex
7001 Timber System and it was excellent. It certainly didn't take 48 hours
to set. The tiles were 600x400mm slates. It's been down for over a year and
there hasn't been so much as a crack in the grout (Ardex Flex FL).

http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardexflex_7001.asp
http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardexflex_fl.asp

Christian.

Just spoke to Unibond who claim that the problem is that I let the
PVA/water mix dry. The say that their instructions specify tiling the
floor whilst it is damp. Ill have to check at home.

He also says that the fact that they have been walked on may well mean
that the adhesion between the tile and the glue is now broken.

Im tempted to take the tiles up whilst the glue is still damp and try to
clean them off and get it done properly.

Christian - would the Ardex glue have problems with me having let the PVA
dry do you know ?

Tim