Peter

Default Kitchen cupboard and tiling...

Hi,

We're shortly to replace our large and rather ancient oil-fired boiler
with a gas one, meaning that the large cupboard currently housing the
oil burner in the kitchen will become free.

I'd like to remove the whole cupboard, which stands from floor to
almost the ceiling, but the sides of the cupboard are set in the
ceramic tiled floor. That is, the tiles have been layed on a concrete
floor, set in a matt black grout, and have been cut around the edges of
the cupboard. The edges of the cupboard are also set in the grout.

From what I've read here on other posts regarding kitchen tiles, I

suspect I have no choice but to remove the tiles around this cupboard
in order to remove the cupboard. And to remove the tiles, I need to
chisel out the middle of the tile, and work from there, right?

Unless anyone can suggest an alternative? Or at least confirm what I
suspect I will have to do?

Cheers...