:::Jerry::::

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article

ws.net,
"Doctor Drivel" writes:

When was it universally adopted? I think the 1960s.

1946 supplement to the 11th Edition Wiring Regs was when it was
officially sanctioned, but people had started using ring circuits
beforehand. Installation was universal by 1950, except in towns
which didn't yet have a 200-250V AC mains supply (13A sockets
were not allowed on DC supplies or AC supplies with no neutral).

I read DD as meaning that the BS1363 plug was not universally adopted
until the 1960s.

As for radials, they are still being installed, they just have either
a FCU or BS1363 socket at the end, as of the date of sanction /
implication, the date is most telling - being a time of shortage,
final ring circuits using less raw material than radials circuits....