George

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:05:04 -0700, "william_b_noble"
wrote:

yes, no problem making them with 1X8 tpi thread and 5/8 shaft - I included
this on my web ($10 each), but haven't made one up to add a photo - of
course it will look just like the larger one since there is no way to tell
the scale from the photo.

And, no, these are simpler than the one that george points out in another
message - no pivot - remember, my goal is to keep your cost to an absolute
minimum while giving you a functional capability. I don't make anything
that is already on the market at less than 2X what I can offer it for.
that
particular articulated carving post is $149, I'm offering my simpler one
for
$10. I guess that's enough cheaper, no?

Sure is. I figure for $149, a wooden dowel stuck in a piece of scrap
works almost as well- but for $10, it's a good deal.

Lucky me. I have 1" 8TPI, so I sawed the head off of a bolt and grip that
in the banjo to thread down. Bolt and jam nut came in at around $2.25.