Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...

Yes theyre different issues, I was just responding to his unlikely
vision of an unfused plug all radial system. How he intends to
implement multiple fusing requirements into that I didnt even ask.

Most of the world have unfused plugs and radials. When installed properly
they appear safe enough. Many appliances have in-built fusing in these
countries too.

Some Continentals think we are mad. A washing machine. A fused plug
behind, which is a pain to get at. A fused spur above, over the worktop,
with a fuse in, and the ring mcb, and then an RCD. They say we overkill.
If there is a fault and the fuse blows behind the washing machine? They
thing it is silly to have a fuse in that plug, when a fused spur gives
protection above. I agree with them. I know some people who remove the
fuse and put a copper wire across the washing machine plug, so they don't
have to drag the washing machine out. A good thing? Maybe not as the
appliance may be faulty.