jakdedert

Nomen Nescio wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:00:33 -0500, "jakdedert"
wrote:

He also makes a big
deal about calibration, which is important to me also. And yet I
don't see a cal sticker in any of his pics. Oh well. Just wasn't
meant to be. Somewhere in this world is an oscilloscope just for
me.

I think it's much ado....

Calibration is much ado about nothing? I just see a lot of scopes
that look like they were thrown down a flight of stairs. Or the
seller is "Jeans Antique Shop" or "Ben's Recycling Center." Along
with oscilloscopes they also sell banjos and presto hotdog cookers.
And then there's the text that says, "we have no way to test if this
thing works, power light comes on, ignore the dog pee, etc..." So
for me, having a recent calibration isn't so much that the thing is
accurate (although that IS important), but that the scope can do what
it was made to do. Finally, the guy who is selling the scope in
question makes a big deal about how he's going to charge $125 to
recalibrate the scope, should the scope be returned within the 5-day
return period. If the guy is charging $125 to calibrate a scope, at
least he could do is to show proof in the auction page that the scope
is calibrated to NIST standards!

I didn't sat 'that' was much ado.... I think this entire thread is. He
says he calibrated (So, you don't see a sticker...it's a photo, not a full
360 hologram.) He's got good feedback. He probably 'will' reply to your
query, unless you phrased it in the way you're posting here. Possibly your
suspicious nature put him off. He's got enough bidders without you. One of
them would have complained before now if he wasn't on the up & up. O'scopes
are way too specialized and technical an item to get away with selling bum
ones. He's NOT 'Jean's Antique Shop.'

100% feedback on 500 transactions is pretty good.....

Get a grip and leave this guy alone. Either buy his scope or not. Frankly,
if I were him and read all this; I wouldn't sell to you.

jak