Rick Dipper

Default Water pipe bore and depth

On 30 May 2004 07:39:36 -0700, (Quigs) wrote:

Whats the largest bore water pipe you can connect to the house from
the mains and how deep does it have to be buried? i.e. can I bury it
nearer the surface it is in a protected position, like right by the
side of my footings about 18 inches down?

Depth is about frost protection .........

2 foot six is what I have always used.

I recommend adding extra stop taps if its a long run, it took 3 days
to re-dig mine last year (180m) when it leaked, and I could not find
the leak.

I have also enclosed my 25mm pipe inside some spare 63mm pipe where
its neer the house, as I am still working with big machiines neer the
house ..

The bigger pipe is very much more expensive, the 63mm I got for my
sewage (long story) was very hard to work with.

Rick