Tyke

I have a separate router table. I purchased the router top from
Woodpeckers, and also the Incra fence, Woodpeckers aluminium plate and
precision lift. The weight of this seems fine with the 11/4in MDF table
thickness. I would be concerned using 3/4in MDF since the plate requires a
1/4in groove, which would mean only 1/2in thick at the point of greatest
stress.

I cannot imagine going back to the days before the Incra fence. I expect
the Jointech would have given me the same feeling. I can get exact
placement of the fence, and exactly repeatable placement without any
problems. Changing fence distance is now a joy.

I would hate to put my arrangement in the wing extension of my table saw, if
it meant I could only use the Bies. fence, which does fine on the tablesaw.

If your space is constrained, you may have no choice, but I have been very
happy to have a dedicated router table. A side benefit is that I am able to
leave the last bit in the table at the last height.

If my router was in the table extension, I would have to drop the router for
some of my saw cuts. This is not a problem with the precision lift, but it
is nice if I can avoid having to spend the time.

Dave Paine.

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Wanting to move beyond the limitations of my old Craftsman tabletop
router table and my trusty PC 690 router, I am looking to move up to a
more substantial router and table. I'd like to put a new router in the
33" wide right-side table extension of my contractor table saw. I
think that the experience of the helpful wReck-ers in this group might
prove valuable.

1. What are folks experience with this strategy vs. a separate router
table? Does the dual use of the table extension real estate cause any
significant conflicts or PITA restrictions? My shop, like many others
is a bit crowded.

2. Does the existing 3/4" particle board need to be reinforced, like
with another 3/4" layer of MDF?

3. I am looking at two router strategies:
a. Milwaukee 6525-20 router with a Woodpeckers aluminum router table
plate
b. PC 7518 router with a router lift (Woodpeckers Precision Router
Lift, Jessem Mast-R-Lift)

On item 2., I'm leaning toward the Milwaukee+plate vs. the PC+lift. My
reasoning is that the Milwaukee seems to be a somewhat better table
router and already has top surface adjustment capability. I am hoping
to avoid going under the table for bit replacement by using offset
wrenches from the top. Will this work? This option is a lot less
expensive, too.

Does anyone have experience with any of these options that they'd like
to share?

Thanks for the help.

Bob